Sunday, June 27, 2010

I Don’t Mind Luv Storys?

By Anant Mathur (June 27, 2010)

After the debacle of the last big budget Ash Cow (oops! Cash Cow) Raavan, all eyes are now on the Karan Johar produced I Hate Luv Storys.
 

One can’t help wonder about the title of this film. Not only that it’s spelled wrong because by god it makes a lot more marketing sense, since no one would want to see “I Hate Love Stories”, where’s the fun in that – But one also suspects that the title doesn’t go with the film. I’m fairly certain, as with most Bollywood Lacklusters these days, at the climax of this film, the hero ends up liking Luv Storys - so why this title?

Calling it “I Don’t Mind Luv Storys” or “How I Learned to Like Luv Storys” might make more sense. And if the hero still hates Luv Storys by the time the curtain falls, then what was the point of making such a film in the first place? It just means the character ends up right where he started and the audience is gypped yet again, big surprise!
 

From what little I have seen of the promos, the film doesn’t seem all that interesting and barring a few Karan Johar style puns and gay jokes, it’s likely not very entertaining either. I feel sorry for the actors whose time and hard work is wasted on such films. They need to say no to such scripts even if it is a Karan Johar film.

Well, here’s hoping I am wrong and that the film is entertaining regardless of the title so the struggling industry can get some more money into the pockets of Karan Johar and UTV who really need it more than any other person in this world.


© Anant Mathur. All Rights Reserved

No comments: